Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Paco the Prickly Pear

A lone baby prickly pear cactus grows in a field of rocks just as summer is turning to fall, in Tucson.

I found this cute little guy hidden behind a brick wall halfway up the steps to the Tucson building.  I love how green the cactus came out, it really makes it pop.  The different color rocks in the background give the picture more color and interest. 

Just for fun!

Here are some of my more artistic photos that I took during our outing, although they look neat, they were not suited for the assignment but I wanted to post them anyways.  Everyone who knows me, knows I love color and these pictures gave me incredible color.  I did not even try to get such neat pictures, it just happened!

Please take note of the stamen of the flower, it's very sharply focused, it looks awesome!

Just how cool is this picture, nothing describes it but utterly cool.


This one isn't in focus, but the colors are stunning!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, nice job. The cactus pad's sharp focus in contrast with the fuzzy background really makes the depth-of-field assignment work. I enjoyed your artistic experimentations as well.

    ReplyDelete